Sign In  |  Register  |  About Livermore  |  Contact Us

Livermore, CA 61℉
September 20, 2017 7:44am
7-Day Forecast | Traffic
  • Search Hotels in Livermore

  • CHECK-IN:
  • CHECK-OUT:
  • ROOMS:
  • Compare Our Rates To

Livermore Demographics

Share |
Featured Story
Livermore Demographics

Livermore started as a sleepy ranch town of about 75 residents in the mid-19th Century, and now is a vibrant midsize city of 83,325, according to the City of Livermore. As of the last Census, Livermore is the third wealthiest midsize city, behind Newport Beach, CA., and number two, Livermore’s neighbor, Pleasanton, at number one.

The 2011 data used below is the latest available from the U.S. Census, through its American Community Survey.

Age

The estimated median age of Livermore residents is 39. About a quarter of the population is under 18. People between the ages of 20 and 34 make up 17 percent of Livermore’s residents, with nearly 34 percent between the ages of 35 and 54, and 11 percent between the ages of 55 and 64. Just over 10 percent of the population is older than 65.

Diversity

Around 65 percent of Livermore’s residents are white, with Hispanics making up the next largest group at 19 percent. Asians make up about 10 percent of the city, and African Americans are nearly 2 percent.

Household Income

The estimated median income for a household in the city in 2011 was estimated at $96,322; the median income for a family was $108,406. Less than six percent of the population was living below the poverty line.

Education

About a quarter of Livermore residents older than age 25 have completed a bachelor’s degree, and another 12.3 percent earned a graduate or professional degree. Another 10 percent achieved an associate’s degree, and 25 percent reported completing some college with no degree.

Homeownership vs. Renters

There are approximately 29,907 housing units in Livermore. More than 70 percent are detached single-family homes. Around 72 percent of all homes in Livermore are  owner-occupied, with the remaining  28 percent occupied by renters. Vacancy rates are low, with a 1.5 percent rate among owner-occupied homes, and 3.2 percent rate among renters. The estimated median house or condo value in the 2011 survey was $544,300.